May 14th, 2018
We acknowledge that we are in Mi'kma'ki which is the traditional ancestral territory of the Mi'maq people.
Students are reminded to check the lost and found for items that may belong to you.
- Elementary Cafeteria Special - Chicken Tatter Bowl (Mashed Potato, Chicken & Gravy in a bowl) with a side of fruit - $4.35
- Jr/Sr Cafeteria Special - Tatter Bowl - Mashed Potato, Dicked Chicken and Corn - $5.25
Potential Grads, please check the binder in outer guidance regularly for new bursaries and scholarships.
- Bronze Duke students are to pass in their permission forms for the Keji trip into Mr. Cumminger ASAP
- DIL will be on Thursday. Mawson vs Evely - Relay Race
- The Lions Center and Rockets Field have 2 positions. Drop off resumes to Mr. Cumminger by Monday, May 14th
- Art Club meets today at lunch
- Any graduating student interested in being Valedictorian please see Mrs. Henley for details
myBlueprint.ca/halifax is a powerful self-exploration, career and post-secondary planning tool provided within HRCE for all students. If you'd like to learn more please see Ms Mullen
- Grads, please see Mrs. Henley for Prom Tickets and guest slips. Guest slips due back by May 31st
- Grads, please bring in pictures for the grad slideshow (copies/originals or on a USB)
- Aboriginal students in grades 8-11 who are interested in a career in health are encouraged to apply for this year's Junior University Indigenous Youth Health Sciences Summer Camp. Three locations are available: Dalhousie University, St F X University and Cape Breton University. See Ms Mullen for an application form. Deadline is May 25th, 2018.
- Any students between the ages of 13 & 14 who would like to play baseball this summer in the Sheet Harbour Little League, registration forms can be picked up at the office. Forms are due back by May 22nd
- Job Opportunity: St. Michael's Anglican Church is looking to hire a student to mow church lawn and cemetery. Please contact Mr. Robert Moser at 902-885-2395 for more information
- David's Bridal is offering up to $ 50.00 off prom dresses (expires May 15/18), see Mrs. Henley for discount card.
- The IWK is looking for student volunteers to help with the Kermesse Fair on May 26th. Please see flyer in the cafeteria for more information.
Mount Saint Vincent University will be hosting a camp for Aboriginal Youth ages 15-18 from June 8th -10th. Deadline to submit your application is June 1st. This camp is 100% free and will give students an opportunity to explore their future at university. Please see Ms Mullen for more information