October 5th, 2018
We acknowledge that we are in Mi'kma'ki which is the traditional ancestral territory of the Mi'maq people
Elementary Cafeteria Special: Chicken snack wrap served with side pasta salad- $4.50
High School Cafeteria Special: Chicken Teriyaki served wtih rice and stir fried vegetables- $5.50
- Mi'kmaq fact of the day: The traditional name for Mi’kmaq bannock is Lu’sknikn (prounced: loo-skin-i-gen) (Luski for Short Version)
- Express Yourself Art for JR/SR in the cafeteria from 12:05-12:50.
- There will be a Bronze Duke meeting at 12:20 in Mr. Cumminger's room, please bring your chrome books.
- Gr. 11 & 12 Students - Since we can't take a school trip to NSCC for the Open Houser this year, a rep from NSCC will be here on Thursday, October 11th, to meet with any grade 11 or 12 students who want to apply for free on Open House Day. See Ms. Walsh to sign up!
- FREE Fiddle classes every Monday for grades 6-12 students.
- Grad Photo's will take place on Friday, October 12th. A sign up sheet is posted on the bulletin board in the Sr. hallway. $10 sitting fee due at time of sitting. Friendship/couple/group sign up, $25 per couple and $5 extra per additional person due at time of sitting.
- Students interested in a Garden Project, please see Darlene in the YHC.
- Students interested in GSA, please see Darlene in the YHC.
Sr. high students wishing to leave school property at lunch and unscheduled blocks must have a signed note from a parent or guardian and are required to sign in and out at the office.
- Lily's Hill - In preparation of our upcoming winter season, you and your family are invited to participate in the annual Lily's Hill "Get'er Done" work party. The date is set for Saturday, October 13th from 11am-5pm. As a thank you, we are planning to have a BBQ. This is a wonderful opportunity for stuents to work on getting volunteer hours to build their resume. The hill is run by a small group of volunteers and it is available to everyone to use. Kindly, we ask that you lend a hand and help from time to time.
FREE FAMILY EVENT - The Nova Scotia Forest Festival, Memory Lane Heritage Village, Lake Charlotte, Saturday, October 13th, 10 AM - 4 PM. Grab your plaid and head for the woods! This event is a showcase of the many ways Nova Scotians connect to our forests. Enjoy an array of activities in the fresh fall air, from guided walks with Parks Canada and the Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History to a campfire, axe-throwing, crafts, canoeing and live entertainment. For more information, visit www.heritagevillage.ca