May 13th, 2019
We acknowledge that we are in Mi'kma'ki which is the traditional ancestral territory of the Mi'maq people
Elementary Cafeteria Special: 1/2 chicken racnh wrap served with caesar salad- $4.50
High School Cafeteria Special: mashed potato, chicken and corn with gravy in a bowl - 5.50
Congratulations to our Track and Field team as 7 of 9 athletes qualified for Regionals. Shout out to Nathanael for winning shotput and javelin and to Amelya for winning discus. Track and field results are posted on the gym doors.
Good Luck to the Sr. Boys and Girls Softball teams at districts today.
Important meeting for all Silver Duke students today in Mr. Cumminger's room at the start of lunch. Please be on time.
Dance guest slips available in the office, due back by 12 noon on Thursday.
May 29 - School Trip open to Grades 10-12. Permission forms in room 233.
Do you need more volunteer hours? Do you like to be helpful? If you answered yes to either of these questions, please see Ms. Graham in the library!
Grads please check the binder in outer guidance, the grad twitter page and Ms. Walsh for bursaries. Deadlines coming soon.
Gr. 12 students - Prom invitations ($10 until May 24 and $15 from May 25 on) and guest slips available in Ms. MacAulay's room. Guest slips due back by June 12/19.
The Awtiget Indigenous Student Mini-University Camp will give students a taste of University life. The camp will run from May 24-May 26th. Students will experience academic, physical, creative, cultural and social activities. Open to all Indigenous Students Grades 8-11. Register ASAP. Email Arthur.Stevens@dal.ca or see Ms Mullen for more information.
- Gr 12 students are reminded to pass in their baby pictures to Mrs. Smith ASAP.
- The North American Indigenous Games, Team Nova Scotia, is recruiting for the U19 Men's Lacrosse team for July 2020. If you are interested please see Ms Mullen for more information
- The Mi'kmaq Native Friendship Center will be providing Aboriginal Students with access to school supplies for the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in this opportunity please see Ms Mullen for an application. Applications must be submitted by Monday July 8th at 4 pm..
- Sr. High students wishing to leave school property at lunch and unscheduled blocks must have a signed note from a parent or guardian and are required to sign in and out at the office.
- Students please check the Lost & Found for items that may belong to you.