March 11th, 2020
We acknowledge that we are in Mi'kma'ki which is the traditional ancestral territory of the Mi'maq people
Cafeteria Special: Beef Fajita, extra lean ground beef, mixed veggies, sour cream and salsa- $5.75
A pair of sunglasses, several rings, earrings and bracelets have been passed into the office. Owner may claim these at the office.
- Students, staff and visitors are reminded to frequently wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- jack.org at 11:55 in the YHC
- Badminton team practice after school today from 3-4:30
- Sr. Girls Softball tryouts after school today from 4:30-6:00
- Grade 7- 12 students - Badminton Club on Mondays
Mi'kmaq Bursary 4 - $1000 awards are available to Mi'kmaw students entering any year of a full time post-secondary accredited education program. Please note that the application deadline is April 26, 2020. Recipients may also have the opportunity to participate in a paid internship at Nova Scotia Power. Please see Ms Mullen or go to http://www.nspower.ca/community/schoralships/mikmaq-bursaries for more information.
The Calvin Presbyterian Church has a bursary available to an Indigenous student entering post-secondary educational institution in 2020. Deadline is Sunday April 26th. Please see Ms Mullen for an application.
Garden Club is starting soon!! Yay! Drop into the YHC for more info.
On Fridays, Mrs. Prest's room will be open to anyone who would like to come have space to work on their own creative projects.
- Students are asked to check the lost and found for items that may belong to you. Located outside of main office and outer guidance.
- Sr. High students wishing to leave school property at lunch and unscheduled blocks must have a signed note from a parent or guardian and are required to sign in and out at the office.
- Students who bring vehicles to school are asked to pick up a form in the office.